- This event has passed.
District 4 Candidate Forum on Climate Change & Environmental Justice
July 14, 2023 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm PDT
Reserve your seat now for the only D4 candidate forum focused on these key issues, including mobility and transportation, air pollution, renewable energy, land use and sprawl, and the County’s commitment to achieving carbon zero and its Climate Action Plan and Regional Decarbonization Framework.
This free, nonpartisan, in-person event takes place in Hillcrest. We’ll have prepared questions from leaders with local climate change and environmental justice organizations and also take questions from participants. Read this blog post to learn more about the special election.
Meet the Candidates:
- Janessa Goldbeck, Marine Corps veteran and CEO of Vet Voice Foundation
- Monica Montgomery Steppe, San Diego City Council President Pro-Tem
- Amy Reichert, small business owner and founder of ReOpen San Diego
- (unfortunately Paul McQuigg was unable to attend)
Meet the Moderators:
- Erik Anderson, KPBS Environment Reporter
- MacKenzie Elmer, Voice of San Diego Environment Reporter