- This event has passed.
EN Webinar: Heat Pump Dryers – Dry Clothes Better
August 24, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm PDT
Heat Pump Dryers – Dry Clothes Better
Join the Electrify Coalition as we hear from ENERGY STAR on how heat pump dryers work and save consumers energy and money.
About this event
Heat Pump Dryers are rated ENERGY STAR’s most efficient dryers on the market and use one quarter or less energy than a typical electric resistance or gas dryer. They use heat pump technology to move heat rather than create it and with their ventless technology work well in apartments and multi-family units.
But with their longer cycles and small drum sizes, heat pump dryers may not be for everyone.
- What is a heat pump dryer and how does it work?
- How does ENERGY STAR rate dryers and what are the ENERGY STAR tools that can help me find the efficient dryer for me?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of heat pump dryers?
- What are the best use cases for heat pump dyers?
- What brands of heat pump dryer are out there?
- Can heat pump dryers help get me off of gas dryers?
Ga-Young Park – ENERGY STAR Residential Appliances Manager, US EPA – Ga-Young leads the development of the ENERGY STAR specifications for appliances, including refrigerators, dishwashers, laundry, room ACs, room air purifiers, and dehumidifiers at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Prior to her current role, Ga-Young worked for a building performance consulting firm and the ENERGY STAR Residential New Construction program. She has a MEM from the Nicholas School of the Environment at Duke University, and a BA from Tufts University.
Hang Dry Week – Our heat pump dryer webinar corresponds with the 4th annual Hang Dry for Climate Change week! Hang you laundry August 21 – 27, win great prizes and see how the rest of the world uses the original form of solar energy. More information here